Monday, September 08, 2003

BBC NEWS | Programmes | Letter From America | A million Iraqis will get the message: "I myself have and have always had among my friends and acquaintances professional men - lawyers, doctors, the like - who sooner or later confess that they're 'not into politics'.
Which surely explains the enviable fact that mostly they're uniformly amiable, cheerful, good-natured souls. How I envy them.
But there are some of us, more of us I think, who make their living by being into politics and much else besides in a life of a nation.
And the pursuit of the social history of one nation has been a lifetime's trade. Most of the time absorbing and often great fun but often, too often in the past two years, it has been a very grim profession to follow. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home