Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Steve Hayes

Someone asked me the other day how many e-mail addresses I have, and I couldn't honestly say. There was a time that every time you sent a message from a BBS that had a link to the internet, that address got put in someone's directory. So you could end up with all sorts of e-mail addresses you didn't even know you had. More recently, just about every third web page you read wants you to sign up for a "free e-mail address" before they let you read the thing. So you end up having to think of an original password on the spur of the moment, when you weren't expecting to have to remember a password - and as a result of that, you forget it two days later.

If you really want to know them, or the ones I remember, you can always ask me.

What I will say, though, is that the Yahoo ones are most useful, because they have a special place to put spam. So if you ever want to register a web page for a search engine, or fill in your e-mail address on one of those web pages that wants to send you something, get a Yahoo one. Their filters seem to work pretty well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home