Thursday, March 31, 2005

from my Bristol_and_Somerset rootsweb email:-


Hello,

I ask for your assistance and implore you one and all
To bring out your biggest hammer and break down my great brickwall
As it seems to have grown larger since I first attacked its base
And of the people I am seeking there appears to be no trace

One I seek was once a Hatter, John Whittington by name
Who sired a son he christened George and whose calling was the same
George was born he says in Bristol in 1836
But if there is a record its been shuffled in the mix

At St. Pauls in 1856 he married Caroline King
But once again those records, I cannot find a thing
Their home in 1861 was Clifton, and they had three children there
But then by 1871 it was Weston super Mare

More children here were born, but Hatters tend to roam
So by census 1881 Middlesex was their home
He was a Hatter in New Oxford St, till 1903
But then the Hatters curse appeared for everyone to see
In Dec 1912 he left this mortal life ,
And was laid to rest in Camberwell and so too was his wife.

Their issue was eleven, two lost along the way
But all the rest survived the test and saw their wedding day
I am George & Caroline's great grandchild,but surely not the only one
For I feel their must be cousins who still greet the morning sun

Children of George & Caroline Whittington

George Henry Thomas born 1856 Shoreditch
Eliza 1858 Lambeth
Helena Alexandra 1864 Bristol
Alfred 1866 Bristol
Frederick 1868 Bristol
Lilly Elizabeth 1869 Weston Super Mare
Albert 1871 Weston Super Mare
Cecil Harry 1875 Weston Super Mare
Francis Mary 1880 Middlesex


Respectfully

Peter Whittington

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home