Saturday, May 14, 2005

Tracing Your Medical Ancestors

Royal College of General Practitioners
Lyn Nunn wrote:
I have found some really good information here


Thanks for the URL. In itself very interesting, and it contains some
good leads.

One has a wonderful impression of Brunel just about breathing his last
whilst the Archbishop and guests get on with the important business of
partying.

Reminds me of the time I went to a clinic manned by nurses about an
infection I had in my foot. The one I saw was so intrigued she called in
the other three. All bent their heads over it saying the equivalent of
"Coo, never seen that before". Finally they told me to get myself off to
the nearest casualty department, as there would be no doctor at the
clinic 'till late afternoon.

On arrival I was seen by a doctor who looked somewhat doubtfully at the
red lines beginning to make their way up my leg, and he yelled for a
large dose of antibiotic to jab in. I rather tentatively asked if it was
near wooden leg time and got the reply, "No, nearing wooden box time". I
always like to know just how things stand!

Yours Aye
Andrew Sellon

I can’t accept your invitation, for my house is full of country cousins,
I wish they were once removed. .

Rev. Sydney Smith 1771-1854, Canon of
St. Paul's.

from Google Groups : soc.genealogy.britain which I visit at least once a day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home