Saturday, August 13, 2005

Rootsweb Administration Team failed to contact me

I had a row with the team, but they seem to lack the christian quality of the duty to forgive their enemies.

LDS ideas about war and peace are complex.

They synthesize a number of basic values. First are the ideals of finding peace in Christ (John 14:27), turning the other cheek and loving one's enemies (Matt. 5:39, 44), repeatedly forgiving one's enemies (D&C 64:10; 98:23-27, 39-43), and renouncing war and proclaiming peace (D&C 98:16).>> read more on the web
mormons//doctrines//war_peace

I am a passive member of the Church of England but lost my father in 1942 to war and certainly have elarned that forgiveness of others as a key to personal (and world) happiness.

On the ADMIN centre page you write:-

"Welcome, Hugh Watkins

You are not currently registered as administrator for any message boards. If a message board does not have an administrator, you may request to become one by clicking on the "Become an Admin" link. The Message Board Administration Team will then review your request and contact you about their decision"

I have two complaints

(1)
if I apply to become an Admin
my application is not answered

(2)
a staffer has terminated my administration of about 12 groups,
several of which were created at my request, without notifying me or giving a reason.

========================
I have done a good job here as a volunteer.

The 1000 odd groups which I have cleaned up were acknowledged by colleagues on this board as models of good administration.

So now I adminster groups on Yahoo:-

Monmouthshire Family History.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/monfh/

Welsh Families
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/monfh2/

and quietly on google
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/sgbm?lnk=li

No doubt the usual reaction to this message will be to fail to deal with honest criticism from outside the "insiders" group, and to delete it

so I am putting this text in my blog first

I use and enjoy the services of MyFamily inc, of which this is now part, and wish to contribute in return:-)

Hugh W

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home