Friday, September 09, 2005

INTERNET LOG - an ANCESTRY QUICK TIP

I create a Word document each month, saved as "Internet July 2005,"
"Internet August 2005," etc.

When I'm ready to go online for research, I first open the current month's document and shrink it to the tool bar at the bottom of my screen.

Then, as my internet search turns up information of possible interest, I highlight the data, copy, and save it on my monthly word document.
Remember ALWAYS to note the source of the data in the word document!

At my leisure, I print the monthly "gleanings" to determine what is useful and make appropriate entries in my genealogy files.
We are often traveling in our motor home, away from a high speed internet link. During these times it is particularly nice to have a collection of materials stored away to work with.

Elaine

SundeWichita,
Kansas USA

Thanks to Elaine for today's Quick Tip!
If you have a tip you would like to share with researchers, you can send it to ADNeditor@ancestry.com

Quick Tips may be reprinted, with credit to the submitter, in other Ancestry publications, so if you do not want your tip included in a publication other than the "Ancestry Daily News" and "Ancestry Weekly Digest," please state so clearly in your message.
cited from the "Ancestry Daily News"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home