Friday, October 07, 2005

my family tree database

Ancestry World Tree, build your family tree using our pedigree files: "Search Instructions
Do not use commas between person or place names, and do not place periods after abbreviations. You can search on pieces of information, such as 'Nov' or '1848' or 'Cooper.'

To search the Ancestry World Tree, fill in one or more of the fields above and click 'Search.' Always fill in either the last name or the first name. The more fields you fill in the more accurate your results will be. If you do not get any results, delete the information from one field at a time until you do. Remember, other submitters may have slightly different dates or spellings of names for the same individual.

Note: Ancestry World Tree GEDCOM files are voluntarily submitted by Ancestry users like yourself. We take all files 'as is' and cannot guarantee the completeness, accuracy, or timeliness of the information contained in this database. We regret we cannot assist you in your personal research or prevent duplication of data. Our goal is to provide these user-contributed files to aid you in finding and/or correcting your family information. "

You will find all my data there, because if my computer fails, it makes a convenient back up and if I am at an archive I can refer to my own stuff very easily

Then I have GMAIL too which means I can write draft notes and save them for future access from any convenient computer.

Don't hesitate to ask me for a gmail invitation to have an account if you want one


Gmail is an experiment in a new kind of webmail, built on the idea that you should never have to delete mail

1 Comments:

Blogger carulmare said...

I am sure you have got many posts about your offer to give a gmail invitation. Here is another plea... The gigabytes are not so important to me as the rich text formatting. There are many free email services, but that property is hard to come by. Is it good...?

8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home