Friday, May 19, 2006

Mens vi venter på Peter Høeg

for my danish readers
http://www.berlingske.dk/grid/kronikker:aid=738362

Peter was one of my neighbours in Brumleby, our children knew each other, and I often visited a neighbour of William Heinesen in Tórshavn, Faeoe Islands, but I never push myself forwards to meet such people unless we have a task in common to achive - like putting on a performance or music.

I am slowly reading TALES OF THE NIGHT (Fortællinger om Natten - Peter Høeg translated by Barbara Haveland) story by story and it is evident that he is polymath of stature lending great richness to his stories. This is a must read rather than a page turner, and a bit like SLOW FOOD RESTAURANTS where every morsel is to be savoured.

with my thanks to ILK for the url

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home