Thursday, January 11, 2007

Jaunay one-name study

Welcome to The Jaunay Journal: " presented by Graham Jaunay

I hope that this site will assist:

• to re-establish lost links between members of the family,
• to encourage pride in our name and its history, and,
• to research our family tree and share this knowledge with one another.

The name Jaunay originates from France.
REIMS in the Champagne district is seen and as a place name component -
REIMS - Google Image Search

François Marie Jaunay fled the Revolution and established Jaunay's Hotel in Leicester Square London on the site of the Odeon Theatre just around the corner from St Martins In the Field.

The Jaunays had long been associated with the nobility.

François father, Jean Baptiste Jaunay was a member of the Prince de Condé household and an earlier ancestor had been the king's secretary in 1700.

François had three children.

Emma married Paul Krug the founder of Krug Champagne, the world's best champagne.
Louisa married Adolphe Jacquesson also a champagne maker. Louis Brunet Jaunay was also a champagne maker and his son, my great grandfather, Frank, came to Australia in 1894 to help the local industry make sparkling wines.

This is Graham's own Jaunay line:
• Jean Baptiste Jaunay (my 4x great grandfather) married a Viard.
• François Marie Jaunay (my 3x great grandfather) married a Howell.
• Louise Brunet Jaunay (my great great grandfather) married a Gilmour.
• Frank Cunningham Jaunay (my great grandfather) married a Cawley.
• Robert John Cunningham Jaunay (my grandfather) married a Beasley
• Frank James Cunningham Jaunay (my father) married a Johnson.
• Graham Robert Jaunay (me) married a Knox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home