Saturday, December 22, 2007

the challenge of Family History.

BBC - Humber - Features - It's a Family Affair... taking up the challenge of Family History.: "Inspired by the BBC series, Who Do You Think You Are - Radio Humberside invited local people to take up the Family History Challenge and discover for themselves just how addictive genealogy can be.

On Friday Feb 10th, teams in Hull, Scunthorpe and Grimsby set about tracing their family trees, with our challenge to see how much they could find out in one day. Maureen took up the quest in Grimsby... this is what she discovered.

'I am a Tutor for the Community Learning Service, NE Lincolnshire Council and was asked to deliver a beginners Internet and Family History course that I have been doing since September. I have been helping my learners to get started on family history research but had not looked at my own family, until I was given the chance to take part in Radio Humberside’s Family History Challenge.

Radio Humberside set the challenge on Feb 10 as part of their Genealogy weekend – the task – to find out as much as possible about my own family tree in just one day. A tall order, but I was not entirely alone – I had help from Grimsby Library and one of their family history experts, Jennie Mooney."

thanks to Family Research - English, Scottish and Irish Genealogy for the link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home