Tuesday, August 19, 2008

be green

good advice from my email:-

Hello from Ohio, USA. I stumbled onto your blog a few weeks ago, and I want to thank you for sharing your wealth of personal knowledge with us the pitifuls. Additionally, I want you to know that I've been having a great time studying new this's and that's.
I've been working on my paternal ancestry for a year or so, but my tree is a real lulu. -Shamefully lean around her middle. But, I'm quite happy dancing on dead heels, I'll run into the lot of them somewhere on the road. It's difficult for me to stick with one particular family because there is so much to learn. Social studies, geography, wars, (etc.). -The battles, the glorious bloody battles. Raised by great patriots, I am ashamed to tell you how much I didn't know about my beloved country, likewise your England. Ah, well, there we are then; let's not give me up on that one.
I'm presently emailing with distant cousins, location England, Australia, Canada. Initially shocked, now having a good time of it. Oh, I have made more than one "genealogical faux pau," but I'm learning:
1. Don't share family scoundrels stories.
2. Don't enhance emailed photos.
3. Don't share photos of self, women are women universally.
4. Don't chat personably with men; again, women are women.
5. Don't write "thank God to discover I am English, all this time thinking I was Welsh."
Well, that's it then. Thanks again, I'll visit via your sites. Best regards

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home