Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Taking Genealogy to the Common Person

Taking Genealogy to the Common Person BLOG:

"Genealogy Questions Answered in 6 Minutes

How many times when you’re stuck on a genealogy problem have you thought to yourself, “I’m sure someone out there knows the answer to this question.” If you could just ask the right person a quick question it would save you a ton of time.
Well over at FamilySearch we’ve been kicking around some ideas of how we might help people with this experience.
This past Wednesday I was thinking about how much I’d like to find the death certificate for a particular ancestor when the thought struck me, “I’m sure someone out there knows the answer to this question.” The question for me was, how do I find the death certificate for Warren Dodge, who died about 1888 in Barton County, Kansas?

Well I decided to try a little experiment. What if I could throw that question out to a large audience. Would they respond? Would they answer my question? Here’s what happened.

6 May 11:47am I posed my question on Twitter. Twitter automatically put my tweet on Facebook as well. . . . . " and read on
Taking Genealogy to the Common Person BLOG:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home