Friday, November 06, 2009

Amy: Finding My Past

from findmypast.com in my email:-

One of our team, Amy Sell, has started a blog to chart her research into her family’s past. She began her quest in July and has documented her progress with regular blog updates. To see where Amy’s got to, pick up some tips, or to simply read about her experiences, visit:

Amy: Finding My Past: "If there’s one thing I’ve picked up while working at findmypast, it’s definitely this tip! Honestly, ask absolutely anybody involved in genealogy and they’ll all tell you the same thing, “start with what you know”.

It’s very easy to try to run before you can walk when starting family history research (particularly if you have any juicy family rumours doing the rounds!) but the advice I’ve been given has been very clear; don’t try to work forwards from a rumoured famous ancestor, always work backwards from yourself. . . ."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home